Liebster Award Nomination
The Not So Normal Mommy has been nominated for the Liebster Award and I am very grateful and feel this is such an honor. First and foremost I want to thank Karla from the Sweets By Karla blog. If it weren’t for her I wouldn’t have been nominated, as Karla nominated me! Karla is a talented writer who blogs on topics such as parenting, travel, and recipes. You can check out her blog http://www.sweetsbykarla.com/ . One of my favorite pieces by Karla, you can find right here http://www.sweetsbykarla.com/parenting-a-pain-in-the-back-heres-what-to-do-about-it/ . Thank you Karla, for nominating me for such a wonderful award!
Not sure what the Liebster Award is, read below to find out!
The Liebster Award dates back to 2011 and is an internet only award. The Leibster award is given to bloggers, by bloggers. It’s pretty incredible to see bloggers from all different walks, genres, and countries, come together to support one another.
The Liebster Award is pretty incredible for new bloggers. If you have more questions or would like to learn more about the Liebster Award and its rules please visit: https://theglobalaussie.com/blog/liebster-award-2017/
So, why do I blog, how did I get to a point to be nominated for the Liebster Award?
I’ve always loved writing, it’s been a passion, its my art. When I started blogging, I wasn’t sure what I wanted to achieve with it. I mainly needed a hobby, I was a SAHM. It was after seeing the blog https://thatsinappropriate.com/ and speaking with its creator Meredith that I made the decision to just go for it! She was really a huge inspiration to me! She is absolutely brilliant and hilarious, I strive to be even half the blogger that she is one day. I love her blog because I can relate to every single post that’s on it and it makes me feel normal (instead of crazy)! Don’t take my word on awesome Meredith is, check out some of her work yourself:
After I found my niche, things just started progressing, it became more for me. It became more for my followers, which helped me gain the confidence I needed to pursue my blogging dreams! Pursuing that dream, lead me to this honorable nomination!
10 Fun Facts
My goal with The Not So Normal Mommy blog has always been to be relatable and hilarious for my audience and followers. My hope is to make my readers feel like my pieces were written specifically for them. If we are going to get personal, we should get to know each other. So, here’s 10 fun facts about me, to help us get acquainted!
- I have been a Type 1 Diabetic for 28 years!
- Our 2 year old daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes in April, 2017.
- I buy birthday cakes, when it’s no one’s birthday. I just love birthday cake!
- I made it to round 3 in American Idol tryouts, when I was 16.
- I am terrified of clowns.
- I met my husband when we were 12!
- I am a recovering addict (4 years clean).
- I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up!
- I love college football.
- Some days I question my parenting abilities!
Part of Liebster Award Nomination is answering questions from your nominator (Karla being mine). These are the questions Karla would like for me to answer:
- What is your motivation for blogging?
My readers are my motivation. I write for the mom’s that are losing their mind and who feel like they’re drowning in the parenting ocean. Making the laugh and feel understood, motivates me!
- What is your main goal with your blog?
When I started The NSNM my goal was creating a hobby for myself. Now my goals reach far and wide. I want this to become my lifeline to the outside world. I want to make lifelong friends and treat it like my career. My goal is for it to become bigger than I ever imagined! I want to reach people who need to see what I have to say and to let them know, everything they’re facing in completely normal!
- What has been your biggest accomplishment with your blog? Recently I was notified that I will be published by a well-known family website, which was a dream come true! IT meant someone, besides me and my family, loved my work! Obviously, being nominated for the Liebster Award is high on the biggest accomplishments list, too!
- Do you blog as a hobby or for income?
Though I am looking forward to the income days, I’ve not made it there yet! Like I said I am treating this as my career. I’d say that making an income from The Not So Normal Mommy is a goal for me, but right now I’m perfectly content with writing from my soul and making people laugh!
- What advice can you give other bloggers that are just starting?
Don’t give up. Blogging is a wild and crazy ride. You will not gain 1 million followers overnight, maybe not even on 1 year, but don’t give up. Just like anything else, blogging take work. It takes dedication, determination, and a will to win, it’s not for the faint of heart. You have to remember this, when you’ve posted day after day and only received to “likes”, keep writing anyways. Be patient, be persistent, and don’t give up on yourself!What is your favorite plugin?
Currently, it is Icegram integrated with E-mail Subscriber & Newsletters! I just started doing newsletter subscriptions through my website and these two together made it simple and fun!
Is there anything that you don’t like about blogging?
There’s not anything that I dislike about blogging specifically. I do however hate getting writers block and I hate that I am so critical about my own work. I hate that when I started blogging before (a couple years ago) I gave up, I was not patient enough. I’m certain The Not So Normal Mommy would be so much bigger today, if I’d just had the confidence and patience to stick with it before!
Do you do anything else besides blogging, like a 9 to 5 job?
I treat my blog as a 9-5, but I’m also a SAHM (which let’s be honest, is a full time job in itself). I was an office manager and had to go on leave from my job as an office manager, when out 2 year old was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. In a way I am happy that I quit working, it’s given me the opportunity to really pursue my passion, The Not So Normal Mommy!
Who is your biggest supporter?
Hands down, it’s my husband. Coming in a close second, my parents. They’ve all been incredible supportive and helpful with my pursuing my dreams for this blog. I couldn’t be more thankful for their support, love, and confidence in me!
Who is your mentor?
I don’t have an official “mentor”. I do however have bloggers that I look up to and strive to be as good as. The blogs are That’s Inappropriate and Scary Mommy!
Who is your favorite blogger?
Again, my hats off to Meredith at That’s Inappropriate! #bloggoals
Pay It Forward: The Nominees Are..
I am so honored to be nominated for the Liebster Award and now I’d like to nominate some more deserving bloggers as well! Here are my nomination for the 2017 Liebster Award, please go check them out!
Congratulations to the following blogs for you nomination of the 2017 Liebster Award!
- Breyona at https://thesavagemomtheory.wordpress.com/
- Christina M. at https://m.facebook.com/3plusmemama/
- Elizabeth S. at https://dandelionsacre.com/
- Erin M. at luckyinluv.com
- Katie P. at http://www.bookinkreviews.com/?m=1
- Kayla R. at http://www.therustichideaway.com/?m=1
Here are my questions for my nominees!
- What do you love most about blogging?
- What made you start your blog?
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
- Where do you see your blog, 5 years from today?
- How long have you had your blog?
- Knowing what you know today, what’s the one piece of advice you’d give to yourself, the day you started blogging?
- What do you do, when you get writers block?
- If you cold give a new blogger one piece of advice, what would it be?
- How do you measure success, for your own blog?
- Name one fear you have, when it comes to blogging!
Again, Congratulations to all my nominees! For more information on the Liebster Award and the full list of rules, please see the below link!